Main Street Rock Hall, a non-profit organization dedicated to the revitalization and economic vitality of the Main Street corridor, was awarded a $40,000 Facade Improvement grant in FY 2020. These monies were awarded by the State Department of Housing and Community Development’s Community Legacy Program.
Approximately half of the Community Legacy monies received were distributed to qualified applicants in 2020. The remaining funds are available for distribution in 2021 to qualified applicants (see details below) for up to $10,000. While your project cost may exceed $20,000, $10,000 is the maximum amount we are able to match.
- All applicants must provide a 1/1 match for monies received to demonstrate their commitment to and investment in their projects. (For example, a $10,000 award would require a $10,000 matching contribution from the applicant.)
- Buildings must be at least 25 years old.
- Buildings must be used in whole or in part for commercial purposes.
- Mixed-use buildings will be given preference.
- Buildings must be located within Rock Hall’s designated Main Street corridor, which includes Highway Commercial, shown in orange, and Town Center Commercial, shown in red. (Click below to view map.)
Grant recipients will be required to fund their own improvements up-front, with reimbursement being made following receipt of required documentation such as photos of completed work, contractor invoices detailing work completed, and cancelled checks for payments made by grantee. Any structural work costing $5,000 or more must be approved by a licensed architect.
Applications will be accepted through March 10th.
Additional Requirements and Conditions:
Following approval of applications, permits, and execution of a Memorandum of Agreement, projects must be completed within six months. Any work completed after the six-month deadline will not be reimbursable. Extenuating circumstances for requesting an extension will be considered and evaluated on a case-by-case basis
Check out one of last year’s grant recipients.